Mr. Talwant Singh
Addl. District & Sessions Judge, Delhi (India)
Date of Birth : 4th June, 1961
Education : M.Com, LL.B., Adv. Diploma in Management.
Technical Courses : 1. Computer Course from Computer Society of India in 1984.
2. Cyber Law Course from National Judicial Academy in 2004.
3. Cyber Forensics Course from CERT-IN, New Delhi in 2007.
Experience : 1. Practiced as an Advocate from 11th Oct. 1986 to 25th May, 2000.
2. Working as Addl. Distt. & Sessions Judge since 26th May, 2000.
Present Posting : Special Judge-CBI
Patiala House Courts
1. Actively involved in the execution of following projects:
1. As Chairman of District Courts Website Committee & member of Central Computer Committee, undertook computerization of about 300 Courts in Delhi District in record time of 2 years.
2. As member of Software Development Team, involved in development, testing and implementation of District Courts Management Information System (DC-MIS) in collaboration with NIC, Ministry of IT, Government of India.
3. Training of about 3,500 staff members & 300 Judges in using Computers & Customized Software.
4. On-line functioning of Office of Official Liquidator, High Court of Delhi in 2008.
6. Nodal Officer of E-Courts Project in Delhi, aiming to make all Courts paperless by 2015.
7. Digitization of about 15 Million pages of District Court Records.
8. Conducting India’s first paperless E-Trial in a major Corruption Case of Commonwealth Games.
2. Websites conceptualized, designed & launched:
- Delhi District Courts: www.delhicourts.nic.in launched in 2004.
- Delhi Judicial Academy: www.judicialacademy.nic.in in 2006.
- Delhi Legal Services Authority: www.dlsa.gov.in in 2007.
- Delhi High Court Legal Services Committee: www.dhclsc.com in 2008.
- Official Liquidator, Delhi: http://www.delhiol.com in 2009.
3. Delivered Lectures on Computerization of Courts and Cyber Law at:
1. National Judicial Academy at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
2. Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
3. Delhi Judicial Academy, New Delhi.
4. NASSCOM Seminars on Cyber Security in many cities.
5. Indian Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers, New Delhi.
6. Andhra Pradesh Judicial Academy at Hyderabad
7. Annual Conferences of Computer Society of India in New Delhi.
8. CBI Officers Conference on Cyber Law at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi in March, 2009.
9. Cyber Security Summits in Bangalore.
10. Cyber Safe Tamilnadu in Chennai in 2010.
11. Training the Trainers in Cyber Law at Law Centre No.1, University of Delhi in 2010.
12. Training of Judges from Nigeria in E-Justice in 2011.
4. Participation in Conferences & Workshops:
1. Presented Paper on “ICT in Delhi District Courts” in Law via the Internet Conference at Port Vila, Vanuatu (South Pacific) in November, 2005.
2. Presented Paper on “Computerization of District Courts” in Conflux-2005 Conference in Delhi.
3. Panelist in DQ e-Gov Summit ’06 where National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) was finalized.
4. Participated as Technical Expert in All Africa Conference of Judges at Arusha, Tanzania and presented a paper on the theme of ‘Use of ICT in Commercial Courts’ in September, 2007.
5. Presented Paper on Medico-Legal Informatics at All India Forensic Conference at Amritsar, Punjab in March, 2007.
6. Presented a paper on Judicial E-Libraries at Annual Conference of International Association of Law Libraries held at Mumbai in Dec. 2007.
7. Presented a paper on Cyber Law & Justice in Conference of SAARC Countries in New Delhi organized by IIIT Allahabad in May,2008.
8. Presented a paper on Cyber security in Bangalore Cyber Security Summit in October, 2009.
9. Made presentation on ICT Enabled Judiciary in CSI Conference in Delhi in Jan., 2010.
10. Presentation on Jurisdictional Issues in Cyber World in CSI Workshop in New Delhi in 2011.
5. Countries visited to spread use of Information Technology in Courts:
1. Australia 5. Malaysia
2. Singapore 6. United Kingdom
3. Vanuatu 7. Tanzania
4. Kenya 8. Dubai
6. Books & Articles Published:
- District Courts Case Management Manual for Judges in the year 2005.
- District Courts User’s Manual for Lawyers & Litigants in the year 2006.
- Annual Reports of Delhi District Courts from 2003 to 2010.
- Article on “ICT in Delhi District Courts” published in a book on Electronic Judicial Resource Management published by Macmillan India.
- Article on “Cyber Law & Information Technology” published in E-Journal of Delhi District Courts and widely circulated on internet.